Martens Fresh provides many jobs to local residents and extended communities. Martens Fresh is an equal opportunity employer that will always accept applications and resumes.
Martens Fresh supports and hires Veterans!
Please direct your interest to Lisa Waite our Human Resources Director.
CHECK OUT BELOW FOR JOB ADS AVAILABLE TODAY!
Check our current listings on indeed.com/facebookpage
Working with out IQF (Individual Quick Freeze) Packing Department. The operator will be responsible for our Vertical Form Fill Seal (VFFS) filling equipment. IQF blanching/tunnel/bulk line and various smaller volume line equipment. The operator must be able to follow Good Manufacturing Practices, Safety Work Rules, and be able to give direction to the team on the line. MUST FOLLOW FOOD SAFETY PROCEDURES. Prior experience operating VFFS food processing is preferred. We operate on a 4/10 work schedule, 10 hours a day out of 4 days of the week, in a chilled atmosphere.
REQUIREMENTS ARE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
• Must have a variety of your own tools
• Electrical Skills
• Some plumbing
• General mechanical Skills
• Experience with AC Drives
• Must be self-motivated and willing to work more than 40 hours when necessary
• Must be able to work in environments that may be cold, hot or wet.
• Must be able to navigate throughout the facility and be able to lift 50 pounds without assistance
We need qualified drivers to fill out our expanded fleet of new equipment. We offer great compensation and a positive “can do” environment that excites.
•Starting Pay: Highest pay in area, depending on experience
• Days on the road: 0 – Home every day
• Fleet Type: Company Day Cabs / OTR
• Job Type: Temperature controlled
BENEFITS OF JOINING MARTENS FRESH:
• Work local and home everyday
• Safe Driver Productivity Bonus
• Competitive benefits, and 401K company match
• Paid orientation
• Average equipment age of less than 2 years
• Dedicated dispatch
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Lead and supervise sanitation workers.
• Help implement and follow Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOPs).
• Help implement and follow assignments in accordance with established GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) policies and procedures.
• Lead and perform scheduled tasks on the Sanitation Schedule.
• Able to learn how to correctly clean and assemble plant machinery as well as teach Sanitation Workers.
• Complete daily sanitation logs and all paperwork as necessary.
• Solve problems with supplies or equipment used for sanitation purposes and determines if other supplies or equipment may be better for particular tasks.
• Supervise and participate in weekly deep cleaning operations to ensure plant is thoroughly cleaned and sanitized.
• Work with Production Manager on disciplinary actions for sanitation workers as appropriate.
• Ensure that facility is maintained and all duties are performed in compliance with all applicable food safety standards and good manufacturing practices.
• Perform all work assigned to position is in accordance with specifications, instructions and requirements.
• Ability to problem solve and self-motivated to work in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Demonstrates good verbal and written communication skills.
• Follows sanitation dress code standards and maintains good personal hygiene.
• Able to stay focused in a loud working environment.
• Communicates daily with all Sanitation employees regarding production planning and issues.
• Displays appropriate work ethics in the workplace and group settings which provides a positive influence on the production floor.
• Understands the management of Quality Systems and is familiar with SQF, HACCP, and GMP practices which help ensure the safety within the workplace and the production of a safe and quality product(s).
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must have reliable transportation • Must have a flexible schedule including working overtime and weekends if necessary.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• General knowledge of FDA, GMP, HACCP, Sanitation, Quality and Safety programs preferred.
• 3 years of related Sanitation Experience in a food manufacturing environment including one year in a supervisor capacity or equivalent combination of experience and training.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is expected to stand for at least 10 hours per day.
• Use hands and fingers to handle objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms.
• Stoop, kneel and bend.
• Employee must lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and is required to ask for assistance if weight is exceeded
• Exposure to environmental changes (heat, cold, dampness, chemicals).