Martens Fresh provides many jobs to local residents and extended communities. Martens Fresh is an equal opportunity employer that will always accept applications and resumes.
Martens Fresh offers 401K after one year of employment for full-time employees. Also, we offer health, dental, and vision benefits for all full-time positions after 90 days of employment.
Martens Fresh supports and hires Veterans!
Please direct your interest to Lisa Waite, our Human Resources Director.
CHECK OUT BELOW FOR JOB ADS AVAILABLE TODAY!
If you are able to work in a fast paced environment, are flexible, and have the ability to multi-task in a cold environment you are a great candidate!
DUTIES & TASKS:
• Establish leadership goals and set the strategic direction for the Production Team.
• Communicate the company mission, vision and values through words and actions.
• Display enthusiastic drive in order to encourage better business performance. Set high goals and standards of performance for peers and direct reports. Interact effectively to foster TEAMWORK.
• Play a strategic role in the training and development of all direct reports. Manage a staff of direct reports through regular performance reviews and developmental activities to ensure movement towards a high performance organization, while assuring effective performance of the IQF department. Function as a mentor to build a positive and productive work environment.
• Self-directed and able to recognize and pursue opportunities not identified by others.
• Apply manufacturing principles to improve the operational systems, processes, and policies in support of organization.
• Develop, recommend and implement measures to improve production methods and equipment performance in order to produce a quality product.
• Implement effective systems to monitor, control and reduce operating expenses.
• Analyze IQF reports including production numbers, downtime, and labor/overtime to develop improvement plans. Communicate required actions based on process improvements, safety and quality.
• Work with HR on employee disciplinary issues, terminations and recruitment.
• Ability to assume all duties and responsibilities of IQF Manager as needed.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• Food Safety Management experience
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Strong written and communication skills
• Able to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Highly organized and able to multitask.
• Critical thinking with ability to conduct root cause analysis.
• Must be willing to accept responsibility and to show good judgement, initiative, and resourcefulness.
• Must be able to work effectively with others, have good interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Flexibility to schedule.
2 plus year’s management experience / Associates Degree in Business or a related field. Familiarity with OSHA, HACCP and GMP and Allergens.
Working with our IQF (Individual Quick Freeze) Packing Department. The operator will be responsible for our Vertical Form Fill Seal (VFFS) filling equipment. IQF blanching/tunnel/bulk line and various smaller volume line equipment. The operator must be able to follow Good Manufacturing Practices, Safety Work Rules, and be able to give direction to the team on the line. MUST FOLLOW FOOD SAFETY PROCEDURES. Prior experience operating VFFS food processing is preferred. We operate on a 4/10 work schedule, 10 hours a day out of 4 days of the week, in a chilled atmosphere.
REQUIREMENTS ARE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
• Must have a variety of your own tools
• Electrical Skills
• Some plumbing
• General mechanical Skills
• Experience with AC Drives
• Must be self-motivated and willing to work more than 40 hours when necessary
• Must be able to work in environments that may be cold, hot or wet.
• Must be able to navigate throughout the facility and be able to lift 50 pounds without assistance
We need qualified drivers to fill out our expanded fleet of new equipment. We offer great compensation and a positive “can do” environment that excites.
•Starting Pay: Highest pay in area, depending on experience
• Over the Road
• Fleet Type: Company Day Cabs / OTR
• Job Type: Temperature controlled
BENEFITS OF JOINING MARTENS FRESH:
• Safe Driver Productivity Bonus
• Competitive benefits, and 401K company match
• Paid orientation
• Average equipment age of less than 2 years
• Dedicated dispatch
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Lead and supervise sanitation workers.
• Help implement and follow Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOPs).
• Help implement and follow assignments in accordance with established GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) policies and procedures.
• Lead and perform scheduled tasks on the Sanitation Schedule.
• Able to learn how to correctly clean and assemble plant machinery as well as teach Sanitation Workers.
• Complete daily sanitation logs and all paperwork as necessary.
• Solve problems with supplies or equipment used for sanitation purposes and determines if other supplies or equipment may be better for particular tasks.
• Supervise and participate in weekly deep cleaning operations to ensure plant is thoroughly cleaned and sanitized.
• Work with Production Manager on disciplinary actions for sanitation workers as appropriate.
• Ensure that facility is maintained and all duties are performed in compliance with all applicable food safety standards and good manufacturing practices.
• Perform all work assigned to position is in accordance with specifications, instructions and requirements.
• Ability to problem solve and self-motivated to work in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Demonstrates good verbal and written communication skills.
• Follows sanitation dress code standards and maintains good personal hygiene.
• Able to stay focused in a loud working environment.
• Communicates daily with all Sanitation employees regarding production planning and issues.
• Displays appropriate work ethics in the workplace and group settings which provides a positive influence on the production floor.
• Understands the management of Quality Systems and is familiar with SQF, HACCP, and GMP practices which help ensure the safety within the workplace and the production of a safe and quality product(s).
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must have reliable transportation • Must have a flexible schedule including working overtime and weekends if necessary.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• General knowledge of FDA, GMP, HACCP, Sanitation, Quality and Safety programs preferred.
• 3 years of related Sanitation Experience in a food manufacturing environment including one year in a supervisor capacity or equivalent combination of experience and training.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is expected to stand for at least 10 hours per day.
• Use hands and fingers to handle objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms.
• Stoop, kneel and bend.
• Employee must lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and is required to ask for assistance if weight is exceeded
• Exposure to environmental changes (heat, cold, dampness, chemicals).